Tuesday 22 January 2019

A few of my favourite things


So I'm pretty into buying cool dog things. Here are a few of my favourite (dog) things. 

  • Name tags. Some people don't like to leave collars and name tags on their dogs while they are unattended. But I always have, because my first dog (Husky cross!) was an escape artist. Also because my dogs are frequently walked around school by students, and I need to know that they have this ID if they run off the school property. 
    • Mad Dog Metalworks make some excellent tags when their shop is open for orders (it's pretty busy though so this doesn't happen often, unfortunately!). 
  • S-binar: This is one of my essentials. Not only does it allow for movement of ID tags on, and off collars, but you can move them onto harnesses, leads, keyrings etc. They are just super handy!! I get mine from Bunnings

  • Harnesses. I like to use harnesses when walking multiple dogs, or just walking in exciting places (ie. when my naughty dogs pull). They are also excellent for puppies, as it's much easier to grab them if you need to fast! Some of my favorite include: 
    • The Balance harness
    • Ruffwear harnesses
    • TrueLove harness


  • Leads. I really like the lightweight leads that are easy to clip around my shoulder on beach walks and hikes. I also like the thinner leads because it's easier to hold mutiple leads if I'm walking more than one dog. 
  • Activity monitor. We all know that I'm into cool geeky tech. This is pretty freaken cool - it sincs with our own FitBit on an app on your phone, and tracks all activity really accurately. You can also add other dog's to your 'pack', journal activity, and you get notifications if there is any changes to normal activity. 

  • Cooling products. Sometimes as agility shows it gets really hot. Also Evo is a dog that runs hot. Even in winter he struggles on the bed and will sleep on the wooden floor. 
  • Toys. Essential for any puppy, or dog sport owner!
    • Catzilla door hanging cat toy. AKA the hairy ball toy. It's a cat toy, but there are very few dogs and puppies that I havent been able to tempt to play with this toy! 
    • https://www.4mymerles.com/ 
    • Hol-ee roller (but it has to be purple)
    • https://www.facebook.com/woofa.wares 
    • https://www.cleanrun.com/product/treat_hugger_treat_dispensing_fleece_toy/index.cfm?ParentCat=22 
    • https://www.ke-hu.fi/ 
  • Food interactives and slow feeder bowls. These are essential in my house, and we have tested almost everything out there! 
    • Kong. You really can't go wrong! 
    • Westpaw stuffables. Any of them. These are awesome and are great for tough chewers. 
    • Hexa slow feeder bowl: https://aikiou.com/product/hexa-dog-slow-feeder/ 
    • https://www.pet.kiwi/product/slow-feeder-interactive-pet-bowl/dd68n.aspx 
    • The Snoop. Liked by all in my house, LOVED by Chace. 

  • Blo - portable personal fan. So I don't deal well with the heat. I melt in summer. This is a cool wee USB chargable fan that clips into the front or back of your shirt, and sends air down your top to cool your core. 
  • Bum bag for off lead hikes. Yes it's a bum bag. But OMG the handyness! It fit's my phone perfectly in one pocket, treats and poo pags in the other, and has looks for carabineers that I put car keys and full poo bags on, and you could totally clip dog's leads to unless you have terrible pullers like me. AND the cutest colours! 
  • Kibble Kaddie. I was given this as a gift, but have found it super useful to grab and dispense my dry treats. I use Ziwipeak for lot's of my training, and this is easy to load clean, and carry around when I'm going out to the shed to train, or away for a weekend, or when the dog's are coming to school to work with the kids. 

FYI: I take NO responsibility for your spending!

#FDSANaNoWriMo blog post number 5
November the 4th 2018


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.