Wednesday 7 November 2018

Florimania TDCH

We have a new champion at Hybrid Training! At just over 5 months old Flori has gained her Trick Dog Champion title.


It was somewhat of a challenge finding the right tricks for each level, that not only were appropriate for her size and age, but also that we were capable of training with only a few short sessions. I'm very conscious about not putting too much demand on my young dogs, both physically and mentally.

I decided to use working through the trick titles to give me some specific skills to work so we could both work together to learn how to work as a team. Also so I could learn how Flori learns, and we could fine-tune our communication skills. I also wanted to work on these skills on tricks that if we had issues wouldn't have a long-lasting impact on skills that we might need for any future performance sports.

If you are interested in looking at information about the Trick Dog titles go to http://www.domorewithyourdog.com/trickdog/ . It's not cheap to work through all the titles to Champion, but something that I really wanted to do.

Now to plan what Flori and I work on next!!


My favorite trick - Flori and Evo's 'Up high, down low' tandem trick


Flori's full application for her title


If you are interested in training trick's I'm happy to help! Email hybriddogtraining@gmail.com to arrange a lesson. 


If you would like help with the details of the Trick Dog titles, and having tricks certified contact Carolyn Bassett (Pawz Perfect Trick Dog: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pawzperfectNTDsparkteam/


#FDSANaNoWriMo blog post number 9
November the 8th 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.